Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Token Thanksgiving Post

In order to not be a hypocrite, I'll post my "I'm grateful for..." post to my blog and not on Facebook. There's something special about this time of year. It isn't the sales, the Black Friday deals, the extra big meals, or even the gifts. It's the feeling that can automatically come (if you're open to it) when you're willing to give to others. With that, since today is Thanksgiving, I want to say that I am so grateful, not for the things in my life, but for the people in it. I'm grateful for my wonderful husband. He's given up so much for me in the short time we've been together, and I appreciate it every single day. I'm madly in love with this man and I can't picture my life without him. I'm grateful for my family. My parents have also given up so much for me and my siblings. I'll never be able to repay them for the sacrifices they've made for us. They're the best examples I have. I'm grateful for extended family. My family quadrupled in size when I got married. I'm grateful for the craziness they bring into my life. I'm grateful for the role they played in shaping John to be the man he is today. I know he wouldn't be the man he is today if not for them, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. I'm grateful for my sister. She's one of the most honest, selfless people I've met. She's always kept me on my toes and her sense of humor is one in a million. I'm grateful for Corey. He brings something special to our family. I can see how happy he makes my sister and as an older, protective sister, I can't thank him for that. I'm grateful for my baby brother. He's obnoxious, loud, and stubborn, but I wouldn't have him any other way. I love him for the service he's providing now and for the blessing he is, not only to me, but to everyone he's teaching now. Lastly, I'm grateful for wonderful friends. They've been there for me through thick and thin. Everyone says this, but I truly have the best friends any girl could ever ask for. They're more than friends, they're my family. I'm extremely lucky. I have amazing people around me who put up with all of my craziness and shenanigans. I don't need November or December to come around to remind me of the blessings I have, BUT it's nice to feel the thanksgiving spirit. I just wish it was like this all year round. Happy Thanksgiving peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Very well written! I'm so grateful john is the man I've always wanted for you! You're a wonderful personal, love ya!

    ReplyDelete