Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bittersweet!

It's been a while since I've blogged but today seems like an appropriate day to write a little something. Today was very bittersweet. We were able to take my little brother to the MTC. As a sister, I could not be more proud of the young man he is turning into. While I was sad to see him go, I know that he is where he is supposed to be at this point in his life. I am definitely going to miss him and Sunday dinners are going to be very quiet without him but I'm hoping he comes back a little more mature! ;) My mom and dad should be very proud of him. I hope they know how blessed they will be because of the way they raised him and the things they taught him. 
As we drove to the MTC with my brother in the backseat I couldn't help but think of how lucky the people of New York will be. My brother, as annoying as he can be, has one of the biggest hearts any person could have. One thing I will never forget is the sight of all the white shirts wheeling their suitcases away while their families looked on, taking one last look, one last picture of the little boys they raised into selfless young men willing to put their lives on hold to serve and bless the lives of strangers. It was incredible to see. 
Things have been a little hard for me lately and I have been an emotional train wreck. My friends and family have really shown their support these last few weeks and for that, I could not be more grateful. My brother did not leave without (much to my surprise) imparting some wise words. The scripture he chose for his missionary plaque was oddly enough something I really needed to hear. "Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. (Doctrine and Covenants, Doctrine and Covenants, Section 24)" 
Mom,
Two years will go by fast. Remember what you told me this morning. He will be fine and The Lord will protect him. He is ready and you and dad taught him well. There is no other place in this whole world he should be right now. He has had great examples in dad, John, and Corey to help him prepare for what he will face. 


Buena suerte Elder Nisguritzer! Estas en mi corazon y oraciones!

No comments:

Post a Comment